Slow Down Anti-Gulping Bowl for Dogs
- Let your dogs chase their food through a maze of ridges and valleys, which makes meal time feel more like a hunt.
- Designed to slow down feeding.
- Used for dry or wet food, suitable for all size dogs, large, medium and small.
- Slow feed dog bowl can’t guarantee to completely prevent bloating, regurgitation and canine obesity, but we can help modify the eating behavior that often leads to it.
- Features non-slip rubber molding to prevent food spillage and sliding.
The slow feed dog bowl is a slow down bowl that will revolutionize the way your dog eats. It is for fast eaters, to slow down the speed at which the dog eats and stop them gulping down their dog food.
This bowl was borne out of the observation of dogs gobbling up their food and eating way too fast. This 'vacuuming' of food may result in a myriad of problems including overeating, vomiting, indigestion, bloat and coprophagia.
Many dogs have an unhealthy habit of eating their food too fast. They love to lap up all the food in a swift, sweeping motion and gobble down or "inhale" their food like a vacuum cleaner. This way, they end up swallowing everything including air, without much chewing.
The raised design in the centre of this slow feed bowl has 3 ridges which serve as an obstruction to deter your dog from making a clean sweep of their food. The same obstruction also makes it more difficult for dogs to get their muzzles near enough to the base of the bowl, and thus preventing them from "inhaling" their food.
Slower eating makes your dog feel full faster, thus reducing instances of re-eating. As a result this bowl can also be a useful weight management tool. Dogs who eat too fast may also regurgitate as a result. By slowing down the dog's eating speed to a healthy and moderate pace, this problem can also be helped.
Precaution to be taken to make before the switch
Supervise your dog's use of the bowl until you are confident it can be used safely without supervision. This bowl is designed to encourage slow, healthy eating habits but it is your responsibility to ensure the correct use of this product. If your dog needs encouragement, try adding some of their favourite treats to the food to encourage them to eat from the new slow feed dog bowl. If on the other hand they are too enthusiastic, to begin with let them eat most of their meal from their standard bowl and give them the last little bit of the meal in the new slow feed bowl, until they are used to eating from it. This way they are less likely to be hungry and get frustrated when it is first introduced to them.
- Does your dog eat too fast, also swallow a lot of air?
- Does your dog have poor eating habits?
- Does your puppy suffer from bloating and hiccups after meals?
- Does your furry friend swallow his food whole without chewing, always missing out on the first stage in the digestive process?
No More Overeating!
Designed with ridges and valleys that break up the bowl's surface area, which prevents your dog from being able to inhale their food in one or two gulps, or even vacuum up their food in seconds.
Your dog has to eat around the shapes, causing him to pause and chew each mouthful properly, improves digestion and helps prevent bloat, regurgitation and canine obesity.
It's natural for dogs to play with their food. Our bowl will help to restore your dogs natural eating habits and add a bit of fun to every bite. Meal times will become more interesting and healthy.
Due to the light and screen difference, the item's color may be slightly different from the pictures. Please understand. Make sure you don't mind before you order.