Rubber Dumble Dog Toy - Large
- Dumbell can be used as fetch play or as a chew toy.
- Helps to massage the gums.
- Non toxic material.
- Attractive design.
- Durable, assuring many hours of safe play.
Rubber dumbells are a versatile toy. They can be used for toss and fetch play or as a chew toy. Chewing on the toy helps to massage the gums without abrasing them, thus increasing the blood flow in the gums. The textured surface offers additional stimulation. This large sized dumbbell is suitable for maxi and giant dog breeds 2 months onwards.
A perfect toy for toss and fetch games. The product is designed to offer minimal bounce once thrown at a distance making it a fun sight for dogs to go and fetch it. Otherwise, if your dog prefers to just have a moment of chewing joy, this textured toy is good enough to do the trick. Many hours of safe-play is assured with this toy.
- Made from high quality, non-toxic materials.
- Chewing on the dumbell helps massage and increase blood flow to gums.
- Suitable for maxi and giant dog breeds 2 months onwards.
Why dogs need toys?
Dogs need toys to provide mental stimulation, allow for appropriate chewing, and serve as important tools in behavior modification.
Toys are mentally and physically stimulating and assist in fulfilling a dog’s emotional and physical needs. Even though dogs today are primarily bred as companion pets, they still need something to do. In the absence of a “job”, they will look for things to do to occupy their time and fulfill their chewing needs. If you don’t want them to choose their own chew toys, such as your sofa, pillows, or toilet paper rolls, provide them with appropriate outlets.
Toys are excellent mental stimulators that encourage active play and minimize periods of boredom. This reduces the risk of destructive or attention seeking behaviors manifesting in your pet. However, dogs are a lot like children, and they get bored with their toys quickly. When this happens, the value of the toy as a mental and physical outlet is lost. Our dog trainers recommend that customers select six to eight toys for each pet ensuring that each is different in texture, size and shape. The toys should be given out a few at a time, then rotated every few days so that the pet always has something different with which to play. Rotating toys is the best way to keep them effective.
7 reasons why dog toys are so important
- The mental stimulation provided by toys will tire your dog our quicker than a 30min walk, leaving them with less energy to get themselves into trouble.
- Toys keep your pooch entertained while you're not there, so they learn that they can have fun while you're not there.
- Enrichment toys can enhance your pup's ability to learn, helping them develop new skills. It also promotes their natural behaviour such as foraging, exploring and playing.
- Toys can help your dogs relax, making them happier.
- Toys are fantastic at preventing problem behaviour such as excessive barking and inappropriate chewing.
- Since you're the one who gives them the toys, your pooch will associate you with the fun and excitement of play. This helps to build a positive relationship between you and your dog.
Note: As different computers display colour differently, the colour of the actual item may vary slightly from the images, thanks for your understanding.
These are available in a variety of colours however, we receive these direct from the manufacturer in assorted colours, and therefore we may not always have every colour in stock. Please feel free to request a preferred colour and we will make every effort to accommodate if possible. Otherwise a colour will be selected at random.
Tip: It is important for every pet to have some time of play every day. They need the physical exercise as well as the mental stimulation to stay healthy.